Who We Are and What We Want
Friends of Woodfords Corner is a collaboration of residents, businesses and organizations engaged in the revitalization of the Woodfords area in Portland, Maine. We're working together to create the village we want to have.
On Jan 19, 2016 we held a public meeting and 35+ people came up with our lists of hopes, dreams and wishes, resources, and concerns for the corner. Within about a half mile of the intersection, we'd love to see:
- Full stores - diverse business development
- Pedestrian and bike friendly
- Greenspace, playspace, and public art
- Honor history of the area - architectural and oral
- Theatre, music, museum, gallery
- More residential units
- Community Events - Railroad Cleanup, Garden Tours, Corner Festival/Party, International Dinners
For more history about the activities of our group, see our first blog post and follow the trail.